Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Goody QuikStyle Half-Round Brush Review! (From the Holday VoxBox by Influenster)


Hey guys!
So I was very happy to receive a Goody QuikStyle Brush in my Holiday VoxBox to try absolutely free in December. I included the review below in my regular blog, but I needed to make an independent post for the brand challenge. The Goody QuikStyle is a new brush that Goody came out with and I felt really lucky to be one of the first ones to be able to try it!

According to the review page on Influenster:

"The GOODY® QUIKSTYLE™ Paddle brush works like a towel and brush in one. The super absorbent (and antimicrobial) microfiber removes 30% of water from wet hair to help speed your drying time! You can effortlessly detangle right out of the shower and continue using it while you blow dry!"

I actually received a half-round brush, but that's actually really good because I don't own a round shaped brush yet but I do have a paddle brush.




Goody QuikStyle Brush in Half-Round Shape ($11.99):
This brush actually pushed me to do my very first blowout ever. I don't do my hair. I am the most low maintenance person when it comes to doing my hair ever. I'm not sure what it is. My hair routine consists of running my fingers through my hair to get the big tangles out, or I put it in a ponytail. And not even an interesting ponytail. Just a Goody No-Hurt band ponytail. I think that doing your hair is the most time consuming and frustrating thing ever... Henry really wishes I would try to put it some effort, so I've started trying to hairspray my little frizzies down as a compromise. 
Anyway, I really wanted to make the most out of this brush, and got inspired when I watched a YouTube video of a fellow Influenster trying it out. This brush has microfiber bristles that kind of remind me of the ones that I have on the sponge I use to wash my car. They're really soft and smushy, and do a great job at absorbing water. It claims to make drying time for your hair shorter since the bristles help soak up some of the water after you towel dry your hair. It's true. It does make the drying time faster. I usually just let my hair air dry, and did try doing half my hair brushed with the Goody QuikStyle, and left the other half just normal towel dried. The half that was brushed was dryer when I checked it about 20 minutes later, and my hair looked nicer on that side. So I've been using this after I shower now ever since then. 
I also looked up a YouTube video on how to do an easy volume blowout, which came out great using the Goody QuikStyle! It wasn't bad for my first time, but I wish I had taken a picture. In terms of keeping it clean, it's not that bad. I just pull out the hairs that get stuck in the bristles and wash the soft bristles once a week with soap and water. I think a brush like this would be really handy in a gym bag, or during the summer when everyone is going to the pool or beach. I was skeptical about the brush at first, but since I got to try it now, it does seem to make a little bit of difference in drying time.

If you'd like to read more reviews on the Goody QuikStyle Brush, just click here to access those on the Influenster site. It's an absolutely great program and if you're a consumer who loves trying out new things and reviewing them, I would definitely consider joining!

No comments:

Post a Comment